The Programs Coordinator will be responsible for scheduling, coordinating and ensuring effective delivery of all school and community programs.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities:
• Lead development, scheduling, coordination and evaluation of all community and school environmental education programs, including Urban and Neighborhood Nestwatch.
• Coordinate instructors and volunteers teaching these programs to ensure effective delivery.
• Assist in managing the Education Volunteer Program by interviewing, selecting, training and supervising education volunteers.
• Serve as the primary liaison for the Barr Lake Banding Station with Colorado Parks and Wildlife.
• Other Duties as assigned.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• Solid understanding of environmental education standards and philosophy.
• General knowledge of biology and ecology, specifically to ecosystems found in Colorado.
• Specific knowledge and experience regarding bird identification, bird banding, ornithology, and natural history of the Front Range desired.
• Excellent organizational, logistical and time-management skills with proven ability to handle multiple tasks and roles efficiently, with the ability to work independently as well as to function effectively in a team environment; must be detail oriented.
Required Education and Experience:
• Bachelor’s degree in natural resources, life sciences, environmental interpretation, or education, with two years of working experience in a related field required.
• Experience developing, marketing, administering, leading, and evaluating environmental education/interpretation programs.
• Experience coordinating and supervising a diverse educator pool.
Please send cover letter and resume with references to email@example.com with the subject line Programs Coordinator by January 21, 2018.