Trillium ISM, INC practices invasive plant management in New York State, primarily in the Hudson Valley region. The applicant will have the opportunity to travel throughout the region and work in a diverse array of landscapes; including many of our area’s parks and preserves. We take pride in using our knowledge of natural habitats and communities to successfully implement a wide range of control techniques and are seeking a motivated, skilled individual to join us in the implementation of land restoration and invasive plant control projects.
Duties will include delegating duties to and leading a crew of three, shop maintenance, data tracking, field work (from the hand removal of plants, to the use of machinery and herbicide applications), maintenance of equipment, procuring supplies and equipment, GPS/GIS work, report writing, client contact, and assisting with management plan development.
This is a full-time position that may require overtime and some weekend work.
Trillium ISM, INC is a growing company made up of individuals who care deeply for conservation, enjoy working in some of the most beautiful sites in the Hudson Valley, and love learning about and being outdoors. Visit www.trilliumism.com for more information about us.
- B.S. in Natural Resources, or equivalent.
- Licensed pesticide technician or applicator.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience:
- Previous experience managing invasive plants.
- Knowledge of plants and their identification.
o Specific knowledge of invasive species both widespread and emerging in our region.
o Field identification of native plants.
- Knowledge and understanding of habitat communities in the Hudson Valley.
- Training in chainsaw use and safety.
- Training in first aid
- Experience with small engine use and maintenance.
- Experience with ATV operation.
- Experience with field grade GPS (trimble and garmin) and GIS.
- Experience with Microsoft Office suite.
- Ability to navigate steep slopes on uneven terrain while carrying a backpack weighing ~35lbs.
- Ability to work and hike for several hours in inclement weather
- Ability to lift 50 pounds.
- Valid US driver’s license.
To apply contact Thomas Lewis at firstname.lastname@example.org with a cover letter and resume.