Genesis Laboratories, Inc. is research laboratory in Northern Colorado (Wellington - Just north of Fort Collins). Our cutting-edge independent research is leading the industry in vector-borne disease and pest management. We've worked with deer, birds, prairie dogs, feral hogs and more. Our research professionals have completed 2,500+ projects in over 60 countries. We also take pride in our research consulting services which have provided over 30 years of assistance to private companies, government agencies, and international organizations.
Salary will be based on experience – WE KNOW THERE WILL BE A WIDE ARRAY OF EXPERIENCE IN APPLICANTS AND WE MAY NOT FIND SOMEONE WITH EVERYTHING WE ARE ASKING/LOOKING FOR so Salary will be commensurate with experience.
We offer a full benefit package with medical, dental, vision, and IRA
The person hired for this position will be responsible for all Quality Assurance activities. The primary responsibilities will be to ensure quality and compliance of the testing lab’s studies with appropriate Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs), applicable regulatory requirements, and current industry standards and practices. A knowledge of Good Laboratory Practices (GLP) is strongly desired.
• Schedule and perform quality assurance audits including, but not limited to, study protocols, in-phase evaluations of testing procedures, raw data review, and technical report review to ensure compliance with regulatory standards and guidelines.
• Develop and implement audit plans for studies.
• Ensure timely follow-ups for all identified quality issues and ensure documentation.
• Prepare the lab for, and lead, regulatory announced and unannounced inspections.
• Schedule and/or deliver required quality training for internal staff.
• Properly maintain and update all necessary regulatory documents and Genesis SOPS in with minimal supervision.
NOTE: START DATE IS FLEXIBLE - Early to mid-January is preferred
• Bachelor’s Degree (but prefer Master’s) in a scientific discipline (wildlife/animal science or entomology preferred).
• Familiarity with EPA GLP standards and the Animal Welfare Act (AWA).
• Able to work under field conditions with large and small animals.
• Able to assist with other field, lab, and animal care duties as needed.
• Effective oral and written communication skills with the ability to effectively communicate quality/compliance issues to all levels of staff.
• Competent with spreadsheets, word processing, and presentation software.