Natural resources and environmental related job listings. Includes internships, graduate fellowships, faculty positions and scholarships.
Full time Positions
BOE - competitive
Last Date to Apply
• General ranch duties on 56,000 acre ranch. Opportunity for advancement from proven individual.
• Assist with maintenance and management of water development on the ranch
• Clean up and beautification of ranch and headquarters area.
• Application of herbicides to manage habitat, fencerows, and water traps
• Maintenance and upkeep of ranch equipment, vehicles, and facilities
• Heavy equipment operation and maintenance (tractors, skid steers, backhoe’s)
• Heavy equipment operation to complete brush work to improve habitat for wildlife
• Fence construction, repair, and maintenance
• Ability to assist with cattle operations
• Ability to assist with horse operations and/or outriding for hunting.
• Maintenance of facilities as needed (mowing, weed eating, landscaping. Etc).
• Preparation and cleanup of vehicles for guests (power wash, vacuum, detail)
• Assist with any and other ranch activities as assigned by ranch manager or supervisor to aid in the development and startup process of ranching and wildlife operations.
• Ability to be available 24 hours per day (on call for questions, emergencies, etc.).
• Maintains employee confidence and protects company assets, including intellectual property, by keeping information confidential.
Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
• Ability to work weekends upon request to assist with hunting and/or livestock operations.
• Operation and maintenance of heavy equipment
• Ability to accurately solve problems
• Ability to work established work schedule
• Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with employees, supervisors, other departments, officials, and the public
• Ability to consider safety in all decisions
• Ability to complete multiple, diverse tasks of differing priorities
• Ability to successfully perform the responsibilities of this position
• Must develop and master understanding of ranch organizational responsibilities for each department and abide by all policies
• Must be a team player and possess excellent communication skills
• Must have a valid driver’s license in good standing, the ability to be an approved driver for the company and to safely operate vehicles
• Must have the ability to traverse rough terrain and work independently in harsh conditions