Natural resources and environmental related job listings. Includes internships, graduate fellowships, faculty positions and scholarships.
Ranch Wildlife Assistant, Val Verde County, Texas
Full time Positions
1650 a month plus room and board. Plus Tips from Guiding estimated at $5,000 year. Also $7,500 after 2 years of satisfactory employment. 1 day off per week during hunting season and 1 ½ days off per week outside of hunting season. 401K. 2 weeks paid vacation.
Last Date to Apply
This is a 2200 acre high fenced commercial hunting ranch with a whitetail breeding facility.
We are looking for a fulltime person who is passionate about animals and animal husbandry.
• Exhibit good communication skills.
• Must have a passion for ranch life, animals, and animal husbandry
• Pleasant and agreeable personality with positive attitude to maintain good morale.
• Be able to work as a team and cooperate with others.
• Be willing to learn and accept constructive criticism while acquiring skills with hands on experience.
• Be able to impart suggestions, ideas, and observations to owners.
• Exhibit good time management skills.
• Enjoy interacting with coworkers, owners, guests, vendors, and ranch visitors.
• Must be able to tolerate Texas summer heat and all different weather conditions.
• Willing to work long hours and weekends when necessary.
• Be able to age deer based on tooth wear and on the hoof during the hunting season.
• Capable of eviscerating and properly skinning deer particularly those to be mounted.
• Ability to lift 50+ pounds.