Aster Canyon Consulting, Inc. is an environmental consulting firm based in Pinedale, Wyoming. We specialize in environmental field services including; wildlife surveys for threatened and endangered species, wildlife monitoring of gas fields, habitat mitigation recommendations, gas well reclamation monitoring & recommendations, endangered plant surveys, GIS mapping services, wetland delineations, and conservation easement baseline resource inventories. Our clients are oil and gas companies, non-profit conservation organizations, government agencies, engineers, land developers, realtors, and ranchers. Vegetation inventoried consists of arid cold-desert sagebrush-grassland and desert saltbush species.
We are currently seeking employees for 6 Range Ecologists / Botanists positions for the 2019 field season.
Work Timeline. Temporary/Seasonal Positions
Range Ecologists =Approximately May through August. Dates are based on business need and may be subject to change.
• Conduct reclamation monitoring, weed monitoring, vegetation field studies, endangered plant surveys, and wetland delineations.
• Must have knowledge or ability to key out sage-steppe grasses, forbs and shrubs.
• Must have knowledge or ability to identify soils.
• Collect data as per established protocols.
• Run vegetation transects on reclaimed gas well pads and undisturbed rangeland.
• Must accurately and meticulously record data in the field and conduct quality control and quality assurance on collected data.
• Must accurately and meticulously enter data in an excel database.
• Locate and use existing reports, scientific studies, data and other relevant documents for educating yourself, creating ideas and for interpreting data and preparation of reports.
• Must accurately and meticulously report findings.
• Must accurately and meticulously maintain database, field truck, field equipment, safety equipment.
• Able to work outside in bad conditions.
• A desire to learn.
• Wyoming commercial applicators license is a plus.
Aster Canyon culture consists of attention to employee personal career development, honesty, professional integrity, and a work hard play hard atmosphere. Schedules are flexible. A typical week at Aster Canyon consists of 4 ten-hour days, therefore weekends are often a 3-day weekend. And we pay overtime at time and a half after 40 hours. You can expect to be home almost every night. On arrival, successful candidates will also be supplied with an annual national park pass for your enjoyment. Our past employees have enjoyed this work schedule and park pass because of our unique location at the base of the Wind River Mountains and we are located only 77 miles from Jackson Hole and Grand Teton National Park. If that did not provide enough recreation Yellowstone National Park is only 132 miles away.
Additional Details: Employees will be responsible for providing their own personal field items, such as binoculars, field pack, water bottles, and steel-toed boots. Hard hat and fire-resistant coveralls will be provided by Aster Canyon. Field equipment, office equipment, and vehicles will be provided. Housing will not be provided, candidates will be expected to secure their own housing in or near Pinedale/Big Piney Wyoming. Most job sites are in Sublette County and surrounding counties.
• Bachelor’s degree graduates and current students will be considered.
• Applicants must be able to participate in pre-employment alcohol and drug screening.
• Maintain a high standard of safety.
• Have a valid driver’s license, clean driving record and provide proof.
• Ability to work outside in all weather conditions.
• Ability to walk up to 5 miles a day, repeated bending and lift 40 pounds.
• Have dependable personal transportation to and from the Pinedale Office.
To apply mail or e-mail cover letter, resume, transcripts (unofficial OK), and list of 3 references to Aster Canyon Consulting, Inc. firstname.lastname@example.org P.O. Box 1704 Pinedale, WY 82941. Please put JOB POST in the subject line. Thank you for your interest!