Natural resources and environmental related job listings. Includes internships, graduate fellowships, faculty positions and scholarships.
Rangeland Technician: Lake Sakakawea GS-4, North Dakota
United States Army Corps of Engineers
Riverdale, North Dakota: Lake Sakakawea
Last Date to Apply
Job description is as follows:
• This job is for rangeland technicians that would work under the noxious weed and habitat program at the Garrison project on Lake Sakakawea
• Survey native prairie plantings for composition and success of plantings
• The main responsibility of the position is to assist the rangeland manager at the project in collecting transect data for grasses/forb species composition on dozens of agricultural leases
• Utilize ATV’s to treat grasslands for noxious weeds and dam structures for dam safety compliance
• Use 4x4 trucks to haul trailers to and from work sites daily
• Take ATV training on site and get an ATV certification from the ATV institute
• Take pesticide applicators test and get certified as a North Dakota Pesticide Applicator (at gov’t cost)
• All training for the job is done on site at no cost to the summer hire for all duties expected of the applicant for the season
• Other job duties as assigned
• The potential GS range for the position is 4
• Start Dates are flexible but would be around the end of May – Sept 30th 2021.
• Housing is not included with the position but averages somewhere around $300 per month for summer hires in this area
All tasks that the successful applicant will be required to perform will be trained for on site at no cost to the applicant. Please email a copy of your resume to the point of contact listed below if interested.