KC Harvey is an environmental consulting and professional field services firm headquartered in Bozeman, Montana; seeking seasonal employees to conduct vegetation surveys and assist with reclamation activities in Wyoming.
Positions are seasonal and full time, with two possible durations:
• Mid-May to Mid-August (for current students)
• April through November
Employees starting in May could continue through November as well, with employment beyond these dates possible depending on project needs. Employees who demonstrate the ability to work independently can be considered for full time positions within the KC Harvey organization.
Primary responsibilities include the following. Training will be provided, however candidates with experience with these tasks will be preferred.
• Conduct environmental compliance monitoring including vegetation monitoring and stormwater inspections
• Observe and record rangeland health conditions
• Identify plants using a key
• Identify soil erosional features
• Summarize field data
• Control weeds using truck, ATV/UTV, or backpack mounted herbicide spray equipment
• Navigate using digital maps
• Map new and existing features using ArcGIS Collector on tablet computers
• Assist with site specific reclamation plans
• Install erosion control best management practices
• Re-vegetate disturbed areas by seeding
• Install and maintain snow fences and fencing/grazing enclosures
Ideal candidates will have education and/or experience in range ecology, environmental science, biology, weed science, agriculture, or related fields. Candidates must have a positive attitude, be willing to learn, work well as part of a team, and enjoy working outdoors. Candidates must be willing to maintain high standards of safety, have a clean driving record, and participate in pre-employment drug screening. Due to vehicle insurance requirements, candidates must be 21 years of age or older as of start date.
Travel to southern Wyoming is required. Pay DOE from $16-18/hour plus overtime. Lodging and a meal allowance are provided.
To apply, email a cover letter, resume, transcripts (unofficial or official), and a list of three references to the address below. Positions open until filled.