The Great Basin Institute (GBI) is a non-profit organization that promotes environmental education, research and service throughout the West. The Institute advances ecological literacy and conservation through educational outreach and direct service programs. GBI recruits seasonal and annual personnel through our AmeriCorps, Ecological Monitoring, and Research Associate programs to support federal, state and local land management agencies on a wide variety of projects in natural, cultural, and recreation resource management. GBI seeks a Recruitment and Compliance Coordinator to support all aspects of placing qualified candidates in positions based in Nevada and other western states. The Recruitment and Compliance Coordinator works with GBI program staff to advertise and promote professional development opportunities locally and nation-wide; coordinate interviews, reference-check and on-boarding procedures; as well as ensure compliance with GBI, AmeriCorps, and agency rules and regulations. Excellent verbal and written communication and strong organizational skills are required for this position.
• Assist with the development and implementation of an annual recruitment strategy and plan.
o Generate position descriptions, and advertise and market all available employment opportunities for GBI’s Research Associate and AmeriCorps programs via the internet, lists of alumni and university and agency contacts, newspapers, public presentations, events, social media, etc.
o Develop and maintain relationships with colleges/universities, professional societies, non-governmental organizations, alumni and other recruitment sources.
o Represent GBI’s Research Associate and AmeriCorps programs during general public and recruitment outreach at events and job fairs.
o Coordinate and implement in-house outreach events such as GBI Virtual Career Fairs and Open Houses, including newsletter, RSVPs, presentation content development, communication with participants, and post-event surveys
o Collect and screen applications and respond to employment inquiries.
o Assist with conducting interviews for designated positions.
o Conduct reference checks.
o Prepare and distribute all new hire paperwork for GBI’s Research Associate and AmeriCorps programs, and update new hire and resource documents as necessary.
o Generate PayCom profiles for all new hires and update existing profiles for rehires, generate new employee contracts, and collect, file and track new hire paperwork.
o Complete amendments/extensions to employment, make updates to PayCom profiles, and coordinate with GBI Staff/Finance regarding changes in pay rate, labor allocation, benefits, DOL status, etc.
o Stay up to date on AmeriCorps compliance regulations related to topics such as members enrollment and exit, National Service Criminal History Checks, accompaniment, prohibited activities, etc.
o Complete file auditing for GBI’s Research Associate program and ensure compliance with file audit guidelines (state, federal, financial and AmeriCorps), including completion of I-9 and OSHA forms.
o Routinely review, augment and update recruitment strategies and plans for programs and individual projects.
• Human Resources
o Assist with filing Workers Compensation claims
o Serve on DEI Committee and assist with content development and recruitment/outreach strategies
o Continuously review and update SOPs and relevant forms to streamline GBI’s HR processes and procedures
• Social Media
o Post across platforms to advertise position openings, outreach events, social media campaigns, photo contest winners, diversity and inclusion initiatives, and all other related content
o Manage social media calendar and coordinate with GBI staff to schedule daily/weekly/monthly postings
o Analyze social media analytics, generate reports, and interpret findings to increase reach across platforms
• Additional Tasks
o Manage master calendar for scheduling interviews, phone screens, reference checks, etc. for coordinators in RA/AmeriCorps program
o Grant writing, website development, blog posts, and other content development as projects arise
Compensation and Timeline:
• Wage: $17.34-$21.93/hour, DOE
o Health insurance (medical, dental, vision)
o paid holidays, sick leave, and vacation
o 401K enrollment (fully vested on day 1 of enrollment)
• Timeline: Annual appointment beginning upon availability; annually renewable pending performance and funding availability
• Bachelor’s degree in relevant discipline or prior experience in supporting job functions;
• Willingness and ability to work in a fast-paced, dynamic office environment, and to consistently enact high performance standards and a strong work and team ethic in support of the mission of GBI;
• Relevant or related recruitment experience, including generating position descriptions, conducting interviews, reference checks, public relations, promotion/advertisement, and maintaining databases;
• Ability to communicate effectively, both written and orally, in response to inquiries, and with applicants and candidates for positions, agency partners, and GBI program and administrative staff;
• Experience working with non-profit organizations and/or federal or state agencies preferred;
• Ability to multi-task and troubleshoot on a daily basis;
• Acute attention to detail with an ability to synthesize complex information, including federal regulations and policies;
• Strongly developed organizational skills and ability to self-motivate;
• Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate clearly and in a calm and pleasant manner; and
• Experience with spreadsheet and database software.
All offers of employment are conditional upon completion of an acceptable check of the National Sex Offender Public Registry and federal criminal background check.