Reef Environmental Education Foundation is seeking applicants for the Marine Conservation Internship. REEF protects biodiversity and ocean life by actively engaging and inspiring the public through citizen science, education, and partnerships with the scientific community. The internship provides an array of diverse experiences including SCUBA diving, outreach and education, data collection, non-profit operations, event planning, graphic design, social media development, and public speaking.
During the four-month long internship, you will have many opportunities to dive and volunteer with partner organizations in the Florida Keys and South Florida. REEF will provide you the creative environment in which you may build your portfolio and take on major projects.
- Must have completed at least two years of college
- National and international individuals accepted
- Experience with Microsoft Office Suite
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent people skills – we work with the general public daily
- Detail oriented, ability to take direction and follow through with projects
- Enthusiasm to teach and instill a connection to the marine environment with the public
- Students from disciplines outside marine science are encouraged to apply
- Although not required, basic Open Water SCUBA certification preferred