The Missouri Department of Conservation is seeking two (2) part-time, hourly Research Assistants (non-benefited) to assist with data entry in the Science Support Unit. The successful candidates will be required to provide data entry service and support to a variety of programs at the Missouri Department of Conservation Central Regional Office and Conservation Research Center in Columbia, Missouri. These positions are part of a seven-person team that work with conservation professionals to enter and verify data for a variety of surveys seeking public opinion of species management programs in the State of Missouri. In addition to data entry, the successful candidates will be required to assist with other operations, such as mail sorting, picking up/delivering survey materials, and assisting with other program data entry requests. Efficient and effective work to accurately enter data while also maintaining good communication flow with team members is required. These positions require a minimum of 18 hours per week. The pay rate for these positions is $10.86 an hour.
• Receiving, sorting, and processing surveys returned in the mail
• Preparing surveys for data entry
• Scanning surveys using OCR software
• Verifying OCR software correctly interpreted handwriting on surveys
• Manually key data for surveys not appropriate for OCR
• Picking up or delivering survey materials at outside entities
• Conducting supply inventories
• Organize materials associated with the position, including potentially confidential information
• Assist with special projects or tasks as needed
• Independently work on projects when supervisor is on leave
• Other duties/responsibilities as required
• Candidates seeking employment, or re-employment, must submit to a drug screen following offer of employment.
• Graduation from high school or G.E.D. equivalent.
• Available a minimum of 18 hours per week, Monday through Friday between 8:00 am and 5:00 pm. Flexibility in schedule evaluated on a case-by-case basis and flexible schedule may not be continued if work responsibilities are not sufficiently achieved.
• Must be detail-oriented, organized, and exhibit excellent team work skills.
• Must be able to work independently or as a member of a team.
• Must have the ability to prioritize and multi-task.
• Proficient with computers and with Microsoft Office.
• Must possess a valid driver’s license.
• Some college education in natural resources, human dimensions, or computer science is preferred, but not required to apply.
• Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs.
To Apply: please submit a cover letter, resume, and three (3) references to the hiring contact.