DJM Ecological Services specializes in the installation, maintenance and restoration of native plant communities. DJM has restored ecosystems throughout the Midwest including prairies, wetlands, glades, savannas, and woodlands. Additionally, we are recognized for our expertise specific to the development of green infrastructure utilized to control and treat storm water.
Areas of proficiency include: Ecological Consulting, Environmental Contracting, Natural Areas Management, Custom Seed & Plant Propagation, Prescribed Fire, Sustainable Landscape Installation, Urban Forestry, Vegetated Infrastructure, Permitted Stormwater Facilities, Timber Stand Improvement and Invasive Species Control.
Restoration Technicians will participate in a variety of projects. The variability offers great experience specific to restoration techniques, plant identification, and natural areas management concepts. Technician will be expected to work alongside a crew to deliver projects in all elements and seasons.
• May work in variable weather conditions, at remote locations for long periods of time in isolated settings, on difficult and hazardous terrain and under physically demanding circumstances.
• You must be capable of lifting/carrying 50lbs
• High school diploma and 1 year of related experience with preference given to degreed candidates.
• Experience operating various types of equipment in a safe and efficient manner (e.g. lawn mower, chainsaw, tractor, two-way radio, etc).
• Ability to pass a pre-employment drug screen & role specific fitness test
• Must be able to obtain related licenses or certifications as required. (herbicide applicators license and driver's license).
PREFERRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & EXPERIENCE:
• Course work in ecology or experience with natural areas restoration
• Ability, willingness & past examples of work in a team environment
• Ability + demonstrated capacity to follow instructions from colleagues, supervisors & assorted stakeholders
BENEFITS (Post 90 Day Probationary Period):
• 1 Week PTO during your first year + 8 company paid holidays
• Company paid health insurance at completion of 90 day probationary period
• Full vesting in company 401K plan after 90 day probationary period with 4% company match