COME WORK WITH US!
DJM Ecological Services specializes in the installation, maintenance and restoration of native plant communities. DJM has restored ecosystems throughout the Midwest including prairies, wetlands, glades, savannas, and woodlands. Additionally, we are recognized for our expertise specific to the development of green infrastructure utilized to control and treat storm water.
Areas of proficiency include: Ecological Consulting, Environmental Contracting, Natural Areas Management, Custom Seed & Plant Propagation, Wholesale Native Plant Nursery, Prescribed Fire, Sustainable Landscape Installation, Urban Forestry, Vegetated Infrastructure, Permitted Stormwater Facilities, Timber Stand Improvement and Invasive Species Control.
Restoration Technicians will participate in a variety of native habitat restoration projects. The variability in these projects offers great experience specific to restoration techniques, plant identification, and natural areas management concepts. Technician will be expected to work alongside a crew to control invasive species, perform timber stand improvement, and maintain areas under management in all elements.
• May work in variable weather conditions, at remote locations for long periods of time in isolated settings, on difficult and hazardous terrain and under physically demanding circumstances.
• You must be capable of lifting/carrying 50lbs
Start Date is TBD with accepted applicant.
• High school diploma and 1 year of related experience with preference given to degreed candidates.
• Experience operating various types of equipment in a safe and efficient manner (e.g. lawn mower, chainsaw, tractor, two-way radio, etc). Experience with mowers and tractors preferred.
• Must be able to obtain related licenses or certifications as required. (herbicide applicators license and driver's license).
PREFERRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
• Course work in ecology or experience with natural areas restoration
• Ability & willingness to work in a team environment
• Ability & willingness to follow instructions from colleagues, supervisors & assorted stakeholders