Natural resources and environmental related job listings. Includes internships, graduate fellowships, faculty positions and scholarships.
River Science Post-Doc Position – Tennessee
West Tennessee River Basin Authority
Humboldt, TN; also ability to telecommute
Post Doctoral Appointments
Commensurate with qualifications
Last Date to Apply
This is a 12-month post-doctoral research position with the West TN River Basin Authority (State of Tennessee). The project has the possibility of extension, pending performance and funding availability. We are seeking a post-doctoral researcher to complete three research projects related to river ecology, conservation, and hydrology. The specific projects will investigate 1) the ecological effects of stream channel restoration, 2) fish passage through a novel grade-control structure, and 3) the ability to develop channel geometry and regional curves from hi-resolution remote sensing data. Position location is negotiable. Office space will be provided in Humboldt, TN, though it is possible to work remotely.
- Complete data analysis for stream restoration assessment project and submit manuscript for publication in peer-reviewed journal. Stream fish community and physical habitat data have been collected for this project for five years.
- Complete data analysis for fish passage project and submit manuscript for publication in peer-reviewed journal. Mark-recapture fish passage data have been collected for one-season. Additional data collection may be needed and this position would oversee and coordinate those efforts.
- Develop regional curve models that predict channel geometry using drainage area and other landuse covariates. This project will determine the suitability of using hi-resolution elevation data from LiDAR derived digital elevation models to predict channel geometric features. Submit manuscript for publication in peer-reviewed journal.
- A PhD in aquatic ecology, hydrology, water resources management, or related discipline. Consideration will be given to those with a MS and 5+ yrs experience.
- Strong statistical skills in ordination, multivariate techniques, and regression. Ability to accurately and proficiently maintain databases.
- Proficient at programming in R software package.
- Ability to communicate clearly via written, spoken, and graphical means in English.
- Ability to take initiative and work independently and as part of a team.
- Ability to manage multiple projects.
This is non-benefits eligible position. Salary commensurate with qualifications and experience.
Application deadline is midnight Central Standard Time on 26 November 2017.. Please email your CV, a cover letter describing your qualifications and interest in the position, and three professional references to Dr. Jeff Fore (email@example.com) with “Post-doc Position” as the subject line. For questions regarding the position, please email Dr. Fore to schedule a meeting.