Do you love the Central Valley? Do you want our communities to have healthy beautiful rivers for generations to come? Are you excited to work with a team of ecologists, farmers, and entrepreneurs who really get stuff done? If you answered yes to all these questions, River Partners needs your help. Notwithstanding our accomplishments and awards, the single best thing about River Partners is the people. Our staff is committed, creative, collaborative, and diverse. We produce amazing results and have a lot of fun along the way.
What We Do:
We give new life to river landscapes that protect communities from damaging floods, support diverse wildlife populations, and connect people to water. We design and deliver large river restoration projects across California, using bulldozers and tractors, tablets, and binoculars, all for the benefit of communities and natural resources. As the largest habitat restoration contractor in western North America, we are gearing up to head back to work as community‐based, green economic stimulus.
Founded in 1998, River Partners is a private, nonprofit organization focused in California. River Partners’ mission is to create wildlife habitat for the benefit of people and the environment.
This position assists the Regional Director and Restoration Field Manager to manage and implement riparian habitat restoration projects in the Sacramento Valley.
This position supervises field technicians, subcontractors and labor crews.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities Include:
- Assist in the preparation and updates of project budgets, reports and timelines.
- Prepare reports as required by grant and contract agreements.
- Attend and participate in project site visits, inspections, and trainings.
- Assist in Quality Control (QC) duties of projects.
- Assist in implementing health and safety plans and procedures.
- Operate tractors and other equipment for site preparation activities such as mowing and disking.
- Operate herbicide spray rigs in a safe and controlled manner to effectively eradicate weeds.
- Supervises field crews in planting, irrigation, spraying, and other agricultural duties.
- Irrigate restoration plantings as needed and maintain irrigation systems.
- Assist in purchasing materials and supplies from vendors and coordinating deliveries and the work of subcontractors.
- Provide regular communication with the Restoration Field Manager and Field Foremen on project progress and field conditions.
- Collect, process, and deliver native plant materials. Assist with the collection of monitoring data.
- Other duties as required.
To apply, email your resume and cover letter to:
email@example.com, Subject: Sacramento Valley Asst. Field Manager
Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled.
Or send to:
River Partners Attn: Sacramento Valley Asst. Field Manager
580 Vallombrosa Avenue
Chico, CA 95926
No telephone calls, please.
River Partners is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action (EEO/AA) Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, genetic information, gender identity, religion, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with disability, or any other protected group status or non-job-related characteristic as directed by law.
- Bachelor’s degree in one of the natural resource sciences, agriculture, engineering, construction management or related field.
- Basic understanding of issues in ecology, agriculture, engineering, communications, and government.
- Strong writing and verbal communication skills.
- Skills necessary to support contract and grant preparation and/or administration.
- Experience working with Microsoft Office Suite software is required.
- Creatively solve problems and learn new skills.
- Demonstrate good organizational skills and a strong work ethic.
- A clean CA Driver’s license with no restrictions.
- Possess the ability to communicate in basic Spanish (preferred, but not required).
- Qualified Applicator’s License (preferred, but not required. Successful applicant is expected to obtain QAL with 6 months of hire).
- Integrity and ethics beyond reproach.
- Ability to travel when needed (includes overnight trips).
Required Knowledge, Skills and Experience:
- Ability to read, understand, and follow oral and written instruction.
- Excellent verbal, analytical, organizational and written skills.
- Work effectively with our management, science, and field staff to achieve River Partners mission.
- Clearly communicate with project management staff and other coworkers and project partners on a daily basis.
- Landscape, nursery, agriculture, or restoration industry experience (preferred).
- A background in farming or ranching a strong plus in job.
- Commitment and enthusiasm to carry out and further the mission of River Partners.