Conservation Begins Here.
The Student Conservation Association (SCA), America’s #1 conservation service organization seeks qualified applicants to lead, educate, and inspire young adults for the Casey Trees Inventory and Watering Team.
Casey Trees is monitoring and evaluating the ecological health of Washington DC’s urban forest. Casey Trees is a non-profit, DC based organization with a mission to restore, enhance and protect the tree canopy of our Nation’s capital. Their goal is to create a healthy, resilient and sustainable urban environment by monitoring and evaluating the ecological health of Washington DC’s urban forest. Building on Casey Trees’ previous work collecting tree data in the District, SCA and Casey Trees are implementing a DC-based program to monitor the health of trees on streets and in parks throughout the city this summer. The crew will be responsible for watering trees that Casey Trees has planted for the past 16 years throughout the city. Casey Trees will provide an in-person technical training at the start of the program for the team. The crew leader will be responsible for two young adult members.
Training Dates: May 14th- May 24th, 2018
Program Dates: June 4th- August 17th, 2018
• Act as a Crew Manager guiding crew dynamics and facilitating teamwork
• Function as a Technical Advisor assisting in training corps members to complete quality work
• Serve as a Partnership Representative managing relationships with agency partner and ensuring successful and timely completion of work projects
• Perform tasks as a Program Administrator by communicating with SCA staff, completing documentation and managing a budget
• Must be a minimum of 21 years of age
• Must have ability to legally work in the US
• Valid driver’s license and MVR that meets SCA standards required
• Ability to meet SCA’s criminal background check standards
• Must be able to attend mandatory Crew Leader training: May 4th-May 14th, 2018
• Current First Aid certification & CPR required by the start of the training
• Experience working with young adults (18-25), teaching in an educational environment a plus
• Experience with conservation work skills or related skills, preferred i.e. landscaping, and gardening
• Ability to perform manual, physical labor for up to 8 hours per day, exposed to the elements and must occasionally lift and/or move 40 pounds or more
• Must be able to find housing in the Washington, DC metro area
To Apply: Visit us at www.theSCA.org and click "Apply" to create a profile, complete the basic application and then select the Leader Application when prompted. Please be sure to upload your cover letter, resume & 3 references. Once your application is complete, please email firstname.lastname@example.org with the position of interest listed in the subject line so we may review your application.
SCA is an EOE dedicated to workforce diversity.
For more information about SCA, visit us at www.theSCA.org