BIOLOGIST (FEDERAL BAT PERMIT PREFERRED)
Employment Status: Seasonal / Temporary
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt, Hourly
Location: Nashville, TN
# of Hires Needed: 2
Amount of Travel: Estimated between 80% - 100% during peak seasons
How to Apply: Website
About the Opportunity
Copperhead Environmental Consulting is expanding our team and actively seeking a Biologist to join our family of professional consultants. We are seeking a candidate who is looking to develop a long-term career in the environmental consulting industry and is open to diversification across the company.
• Competitive salary
• Free, on-site living quarters available for the season if needed
• Successfully complete various surveys, including but not limited to, bats, birds, insects, fish, mussels, plants, wetlands, etc.
• Be a mentor to other staff and be mentored on the job
• Participate in many roles as part of a project team. These roles will vary depending on project needs and individual skills and experience.
• Read and familiarize yourself with contracts and scope of work
• Equipment transportation, setup, and breakdown
• Coordinate with field technicians to ensure all proper PPE and field gear is available for projects
• Assist with data collection and data management
• Maintenance and care of field data and specimens
• Conduct data analysis and literature research
• Equipment and vehicle maintenance, prep, and decontamination
Equal Opportunity Employment
Copperhead Environmental Consulting is an equal employment opportunity employer and seeks diversity in its workforce. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, genetic information, ethnic or national origin, marital status, or other statuses protected by law.
Candidates must be able to pass a background check and drug test, as applicable for the role.
Employees will be expected to comply with Copperhead's COVID-19 vaccination requirement unless reasonable accommodations are needed under applicable law.
• Bachelor’s degree or higher in biology or closely related field of study
• At least 2 – 4 years of progressive experience in biological surveys and resource management
• Excellent communication skills
• Experience in writing technical reports
• Ability to promote Copperhead’s services internally and externally
• The ideal candidate will also possess strong wildlife and plant identification skills
• Candidates who hold a federal bat permit or have the capability to be added to a federal permit, will get top consideration
• Candidates with experience conduction avian surveys will also be given top consideration
• Experience with alternative energy surveys is a plus
• Ability to take initiative, resolve problems and ensure tasks are completed in the most effective and safe manner possible
• Ability to work as a member of a team as well as independently to make decisions and complete tasks in the most effective and safe manner possible
• Must hold a valid driver’s license