Bird Conservancy is hiring two motivated Seasonal Camp Instructors to lead instruction of summer Bird Camp participants. These positions start on May 23rd and end on August 5th. Bird Camps reach ages 4 – 17 through day camp, overnight camp and our Leaders in Training program. Seasonal Camp Instructors work closely with the Education Team to deliver a high-quality summer camp program. Click here to download a complete position description and application instructions.
● Ability to lead environmental science, leadership, and/or outdoor adventure programs for diverse audiences in formal and non-formal outdoor and classroom settings.
● Responsible, creative, enthusiastic, flexible, and dedicated to providing a safe and age-appropriate learning environment.
● Effective communication and customer service skills, including public speaking and communication with parents, guardians and participants.
● Knowledge and experience regarding bird identification and natural history preferred.
● Must be a college student or graduate (preferred), who is working toward or has a degree in Education, Environmental Studies, Biological Sciences, Natural Resource Management, or related field, with an interest in ornithology.
● Strong organizational and logistical skills, and able to multitask, prioritize, and meet deadlines.
● Prior experience in day and/or overnight camp settings.
● Able to clear state and federal background checks.
● Demonstrated experience with safely transporting children in 15-passenger and other rental vehicles (if 25+ years old).
● Current CPR and First Aid Certifications (WFA or WFR Preferred).