Natural resources and environmental related job listings. Includes internships, graduate fellowships, faculty positions and scholarships.
Seasonal Field Technician-Maryland
Howard County, Maryland
Last Date to Apply
Part-time Field Technician position(s) are available for a tick control study in Howard County, Maryland. The Field Technicians will be responsible for assisting researchers with tasks including tick surveys, small mammal trapping, radio telemetry, and weekly maintenance of 4-Poster deer feeders in a suburban area. Technicians are expected to work a minimum of 20 hours per week, May-August with flexible start and end dates. Housing is not provided. This position is designed for recent graduates or students currently pursuing a degree in wildlife or related field. Current students have the option of earning college credit through their university.
Preferred candidate qualifications include:
1) ability to conduct field work during hot and humid conditions with biting insects
2) ability to work long/irregular hours
3) an interest in wildlife and/or entomology
4) prior field experience capturing and handling small mammals
5) good physical condition; able to lift 50 lbs, walk long distances over uneven terrain
6) ability to communicate with crew members
7) plant identification skills
8) possess a valid driver’s license
9) ability to pass a standard background check
Interested applicants should email email@example.com with their resume and a copy of their unofficial transcripts. Questions regarding the position may also be directed to the above address. Applications will be reviewed as received and interviews will begin prior to closing date. The tentative start date will be 05/1/2018.
Thank you for your interest!