Natural resources and environmental related job listings. Includes internships, graduate fellowships, faculty positions and scholarships.
Seasonal – Natural Resource Technician: Yakima, WA
Last Date to Apply
This position is a critical component of the Integrated Training Area Management Program (ITAM) at YTC. You will be working in an outdoor environment on the east slopes of the Cascade Mountains in Yakima and Kittitas counties performing a variety of maintenance tasks to enhance maneuverable training lands. Projects are varied and include: rut mitigation; repair of degraded maneuver trails; maintenance/construction/installation of Seibert Stakes; and erosion control activities (seeding, surface prep, and installing sediment log/erosion control blankets). Additional land enhancement projects include exotic species management, native seed harvesting, and data collection for future projects. Physical labor and operating power tools, operating a 4x4 truck, and hiking are all essential functions of this position.
• Mid-level carpentry skills
• Ability to operate hand and power tools
• Basic mechanic skills
• Effective organizational skills and follows through on assignments
• Ability to maintain effective working relationships with co-workers and customers
• Ability to operate an ATV/UTV and pass a DOD safety training course
• Experience using GPS technology
• Past experience working in a natural resource-related field
SPECIAL POSITION REQUIREMENTS AND WORKING CONDITIONS:
• Ability to work on uneven terrain in extreme weather conditions
• Ability to transport heavy loads (up to 50lbs)
• Must have a valid driver’s license. This position requires driving as an essential function.
• Applicants must be able to pass a criminal background check to attain access on a federal military installation