Title: Seasonal Ranger – Natural Resources
Supervisor: Integrated Resources Program Manager
Base Wage: $14.00 per hour
Start: April 3, 2022
End: July 1, 2022 (maybe extended depending on projects)
Schedule: Weekdays with some weekends and holidays.
To assist the Integrated Resources Program Manager and Natural Resources Lead in completing Natural Resource Projects throughout the parks.
• Assist in GPS/GIS data collection (Field Maps) of Natural Resources
• Assist in Natural Resources Inventory Projects (sage-grouse, raptor, etc.)
• Assist as a crew member on the California Trail Restoration and Maintenance Project
• Assist with other resources projects
Please send resume and cover letter via email to be considered for the position. Free camping is available with limited RV hookup spots (first come, first serve). Seasonals also have access to indoor kitchen, shower, restroom, and laundry facilities.
• Legal U.S. resident, with valid driver’s license
• Ability to work independently and outdoors in a variety of weather conditions and terrain, sometimes alone, especially in the backcountry, and follow safety protocols
Desired Skills and Certifications:
• Interest in Natural Resources or related field
• Good interpersonal skills with colleagues and visitors
• Works well under direct supervision and independently when needed to achieve set goals
• Desire to learn and communicate the nationally significant values of the National Reserve
• Experience with GPS and ArcGIS platforms
• Comfortable using Microsoft programs such as Word, Excel, and Access