Natural resources and environmental related job listings. Includes internships, graduate fellowships, faculty positions and scholarships.
Seasonal Restoration Technician; Lompoc, CA
Last Date to Apply
MSRS is seeking an entry level, field-based Restoration Technician to support seasonal habitat restoration projects, primarily at Vandenberg Air Force Base. This seasonal position will begin as soon as possible and will last for approximately 8-10 weeks. Positions may be negotiated for a longer term or full time depending on project availability.
The Technician will work independently and under supervision of project leaders on a broad array of habitat restoration projects to install native outplantings and willow poles predominantly in wetland and riparian habitats. Additional activities may include manually removing non-native grasses, weeds, and trees and managing irrigation systems, . The Technician will be required to use handheld power equipment, including chainsaws and brush cutters and occasionally work around heavy equipment such as skid steers.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee will regularly be required to hike long distances while carrying heavy backpack loads. The employee must regularly lift and/or move equipment and up to 100 pounds. The employee must also have experience driving trailered loads.
• Maintains accurate data on restoration plantings
• Performs maintenance on equipment.
• Ensures the wearing of proper protection equipment.
• High School diploma and 4 years work experience or Associates Degree and 2 years experience or Bachelors Degree in biological sciences
• Previous restoration experience
• Ability to work with chainsaw and other power equipment safely and effectively.
• Valid drivers license and clean driving record.
• Ability to read field maps.
• Ability to work without direct supervision.
• Experience with data collection software such as Collector for ArcGIS
• Experience with GPS units
Please submit a cover letter and resume to Katrina.Olthof@ManTech.com with the email subject - LAST NAME, FIRST NAME, Restoration Technician Application.