Copperhead Environmental Consulting, Inc. is seeking seasonal (i.e., ~3 months)
technicians for the 2018 field season. Start date will be flexible, but availability from
mid-May through mid-August is necessary. This is an hourly position. Copperhead offers
competitive wages and covers room/board, and transportation while in the field. Positions
could be extended for compatible and available personnel.
• Experience working long hours and extended periods away from home
• Experience working in challenging weather conditions
• Ability to carry heavy equipment long distances in rugged terrain
• Experience in various methods of collecting, recording, and analyzing field data
• Experience with mist-net surveys (bird or bat)
• Experience with bat acoustic surveys (ANABAT preferred)
• Experience with radio-telemetry
• Experience handling small mammals (bats preferred)
• *Rabies pre-exposure vaccination.
Must hold a valid driver’s license
*Must successfully pass a pre-employment drug/alcohol drug screen, random
drug screenings, and background investigation.
Good communication skills
Have a positive attitude
Able to live and work well with others