Cafferata Consulting is currently looking to hire a seasonal Field Technician for Spring and Summer 2018.
Applicants must have:
• 1 season of related field experience
• Good hearing and vision
• Clean and valid driver’s license
• College degree in wildlife or a related field
Applicants must be:
• Committed and able to work in a safe and efficient manner
• Able to follow protocols strictly and collect accurate data
• Comfortable working alone in the forest especially at night
• Able to navigate with a map and compass and GPS
• Physically fit and able to hike off road in steep brushy conditions
• Able and willing to work a flexible schedule to accommodate the weather and workload
• Able to work independently and communicate with crew leader and landowners
• Able to learn different owl vocalizations and learn to identify owls by their calls
• Able to travel on occasion and camp to conduct a few more remote surveys
• Previous experience working with wildlife is desirable.
Pay rates depend on experience. This is a seasonal position, and hours per week could vary depending on field needs. Work hours for owl surveys are generally approximately 4-6 PM to 2-4 AM but employees will need to be flexible.
Please apply by sending a resume with references (including email addresses) as an email attachment and indicate the date you would be available to start. Send resume to Jessica Hart firstname.lastname@example.org