The Seasonal Wildlife Technician's primary responsibility to conduct surveys for spotted owls as required by Green Diamond’s Habitat Conservation Plan and timber harvest planning. May assist with other wildlife surveys as needed.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: (other duties may be assigned)
The following is a list of general job responsibilities for the Seasonal Wildlife Technician position. This list is not all-inclusive and may be broadened or changed to meet changing business needs.
• Conducts spotted owl and barred owl surveys using electronic calls and visual searches.
Conducts survey work alone, at night, with radio contact.
• Determines nesting status at spotted owl sites.
• Utilizes compass, maps, aerial photographs and record spatial information
• Enters field data accurately and efficiently on forms and in computer databases.
• Assists in a variety of other wildlife surveys as needed (examples include nest status surveys for diurnal raptors, small mammal trapping, and remote camera surveys).
• Participates actively in company safety program.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
• Completed or currently enrolled in a university wildlife program or related discipline.
• General knowledge of local terrestrial vertebrates.
• Demonstrated competency with personal computers and relevant programs for data entry and analysis.
• Current valid driver’s license.
• Experience driving 4-wheel drive pickups and all-terrain vehicles is desired.
• Experience using GIS and GPS preferred.
• Experience using a chainsaw to clear/maintain roads and trails is desired.
• Education or experience with forest management techniques is desired though not required.
• Familiarity with a variety of vertebrate survey techniques is desired.
To Apply: Go the the Career Page on our website at www.greendiamond.com/employment