The Golden Gate National Parks Conservancy Nurseries seek a Seed Collector/Nursery Assistant at the Marin Headlands Nursery. Working with staff, interns, and volunteers, this position collects wild seed, grows plants, facilitates community programs, and supports facility maintenance and operations.
Learn more and apply at https://www.parksconservancy.org/careers?gnk=job&gni=8a7883a9688e28b30168a620f40a1fd7
• Experience working with community members: Experience with volunteers, youth, and/or public programs; interest in applying equity and inclusion practices.
• Interpersonal skills: Considers and responds appropriately to the needs and of different people in different situations; communicates with intention and tact; interested in helping youth and adults feel welcome, comfortable, and supported in the nursery and outdoors.
• Experience with seed collection and native plants: Experience in propagule collection of multiple species; familiarity with botany and local flora; can use taxonomic keys to identify plant species.
• Experience with nursery or ecological field work: Familiar with nursery practices and/or ecological restoration.
• Organization and quality: Works accurately and thoroughly; can work with minimal supervision.
• Driving: A valid driver’s license and ability to drive a pickup truck and other vehicles. If selected, able to pass a DMV record check and be cleared to drive company vehicles.
• Computers and data: Can use computer applications (e.g., Word, Excel, Google Docs) and able to learn additional programs including database systems and GIS.
• CPR and First Aid: Valid certification (may be obtained in first 6 months).