The Seed Sales Coordinator is responsible for providing support to the General Manager and other staff in the daily operations of Hedgerow Farms. This position requires a willingness to support all segments of the Hedgerow Farms operations including product sales, product inventory management, marketing, customer relations, phone system management and native seed mix design, among many others. The Seed Sales Coordinator will work closely with the General Manager and other staff to help ensure smooth operations and will work on a wide variety tasks as necessary in support of Hedgerow Farms’ operation. The Seed Sales Coordinator must be exceedingly well organized, flexible and enjoy the challenges of working in a dynamic, challenging and fulfilling work environment. The position requires collaboration with clients and colleagues in a fast‐paced and informal office setting. The Seed Sales Coordinator will need to wear many different hats each day to complete the tasks at hand. The position requires strong computer and arithmetic skills, an ability to learn new programs as necessary to support operations and a strong interest in both the science and practical applications of habitat restoration. The ideal candidate will have a background in a natural resource related field, experience in habitat restoration and a strong interest in native seed. Training on the complexities and procedures required to successful establish native vegetation will be provided to so they can effectively consult with customers on best uses for Hedgerow Farm’s seed and plugs for their projects.
Main responsibilities include:
Supports product sales and assists with customer needs
-Assist with processing orders (paperwork, labels, shipping, etc.)
-Assure orders are correct and assisting clients when they pickup
- Develop seed mix designs following training and under the supervision of General Manager
- Consult on best management practices to establish native vegetation using seed and plugs
-Develop seed mix quotes and bids
Provides support to General Manager and staff
-Coordinate and organize office administration and procedures
-Answer phones, emails and faxes
-Provide general support as needed daily to help ensure smooth operations
- Assist Farm Manager with the tracking of native seed harvest and cleaning
- Complete research assignments at directed by General Manager
Assists with marketing
-Help promote Hedgerow Farms’ mission through various outlets including advertising, our website, social media, publication of fliers and articles.
- Assists with development of presentations for client meeting and conferences
-Maintain and update customer information
-Assist with coordinating tours and events at the farm
- Maintains and updates web store
- Strong work ethic, excellent organizational and familiarity with habitat restoration.
- Strong computer skills with working knowledge of Excel, Word, Power Point, and the ability to quickly learn new programs for marketing and management strategies
-Strong writing and communication skills including ability to take detailed notes
- Strong arithmetic skills
-Ability to communicate with staff, clients, and other parties with a wide range of backgrounds, motivations and interests.
- Flexible in adapting to changing business needs and work assignments
-Bachelor’s degree in a natural resource related field and experience or strong interest in habitat restoration
-Knowledge of native plants, horticultural, habitat restoration and/or agricultural practices
-Working knowledge of Spanish
Please send a cover letter and resume to Patrick Reynolds, General Manager, at email@example.com