At HDR, we specialize in engineering, architecture, environmental and construction services. While we are most well-known for adding beauty and structure to communities through high-performance buildings and smart infrastructure, we provide much more than that. We create an unshakable foundation for progress because our multidisciplinary teams also include scientists, economists, builders, analysts and artists. That's why we believe diversity is our greatest strength. HDR is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and an affirmative action employer.
Watch Our Story:' https://www.hdrinc.com/our-story'
We believe that the way we work can add meaning and value to the world. That ideas inspire positive change. That coloring outside the lines can illuminate fresh perspectives. And that small details yield important realizations. Above all, we believe that collaboration is the best way forward.
HDR is seeking a highly motivated Senior Environmental NEPA Project Manager to work as a member of our environmental sciences and planning section supporting Arizona and New Mexico. This position is responsible for providing technical expertise across all business groups. The successful candidate must demonstrate a strong understanding of the NEPA process, environmental procedures, and expectations. The candidate will participate in environmental and planning tasks/projects for HDR’s core business groups including transportation, water/wastewater, resources, federal facilities, and other programs as identified. This will include the preparation, planning, and analysis/review of technical studies, NEPA documents, and similar reports/documents. Work will be accomplished independently and through coordinating or supervising small to large technical and professional teams from local and regional offices. This position often supports regional and national projects in specific areas of technical expertise and is closely involved in public participation and multiple agency coordination. The position will be responsible for operating successfully as part of an interdisciplinary team and coordinating with team members.
The primary responsibilities for this position include the following:
• Work as a member of our environmental sciences and planning section
• Provide technical NEPA and general environmental expertise at project level and assist with growing HDR’s environmental program through development of client relationships and identification of opportunities for expansion of our environmental services
• Take responsibility for project management and staff management, as well as marketing, business development and client management
• Establish sequencing of environmental tasks/projects, from financial management through successful completion of the project, utilizing our technology, standards and project delivery practices
• Plan, direct and monitor all aspects of large multidiscipline projects or medium-sized projects with high degree of technical complexity
• Preparation of NEPA documents, preparation, planning, managing, and/or analysis/review of technical studies. Other writing assignments as necessary.
• Produce and coordinate several projects concurrently.
• Establish client relations and be involved with marketing, contractual, design and production meetings
• Coordinate workload with project team throughout entire project development to complete documents on schedule
• Work with the Controller and Managing Principal for project reviews
• Execute training for personnel as established by strategic plans
• Supervise large project staffs and act as mentor for less-experienced Project Managers
• Perform other duties as needed
• Assistance with public outreach activities; and
• Oversight of all aspects of environmental projects including scope, schedule and budget. #LI-JF1
Keywords: Senior NEPA/ Environmental Project Manager, Environmental Planner, environmental planning, NEPA
At HDR, we know work isn't only about who you work for; it's also about what you do and how you do it. Led by the strength of our values and a culture shaped by employee ownership, we network with each other, build on each other's contributions, and collaborate together to make great things possible. When you join HDR, we give you license to do the same. We help you take charge of your career, giving you multiple growth opportunities along the way.
• Bachelor's degree in Environmental Planning, Environmental Science or closely related field
• At least 12 years experience in environmental planning/NEPA
• Proven experience managing the NEPA process for transportation projects
• Self-starter with excellent writing and communication skills
• Strong conceptual, organizational, problem-solving and research skills
• Ability to work independently and as part of a team
• An attitude and commitment to being an active participant of our employee-owned culture is a must
• Masters in environmental planning, environmental science or related fields of study
• PMP, REM, or CEP
• Demonstrated knowledge of the environmental processes and requirements in Arizona and/or New Mexico is strongly preferred.
• Local candidates (AZ & NM) are strongly preferred
• Experience with NEPA projects for other types of projects, in addition to transportation projects, is a plus