Are you ready to take the next step in your career? Do you want to do meaningful work that improves quality of life? At Tetra Tech, you will work with high-performing teams who are passionate about using their expertise to find solutions to complex problems in water, environment, infrastructure, resource management, energy, and international development.
Our Midwest & Rockies Operations are currently seeking a Senior Wetland Biologist with a strong wetland science background to support a variety of projects primarily within our energy practice. Our energy practice includes routing, siting, and permitting of wind, and solar, electric power generation, electric transmission lines and substations, natural gas pipelines, and other related facilities.
In this role, we are looking for an enthusiastic and experienced senior biologist with advanced experience in wetland delineations. The primary responsibility of the position would be to lead wetland delineations as well as a host of other biological resources including rare plants, noxious weeds, plant ecology. The position would require that the individual be proficient in biological task management, budgeting, technical writing, and data collection techniques.
The position would require a combination of field (primarily during the growing season) work in a variety of climates and ecological regions with a primary focus in the western U.S as well as an ability to balance office work responsibilities.
• Managing at the task level, the biological resources of large-scale projects.
• Technical writing including proposals, technical reports, and senior level reviews of peer prepared reports
• Costing biological resource tasks for a range of projects.
• Proven track record of providing quality, on-time products for clients, both internal and external.
• Ability to work concurrently on several projects each at different phases.
• The position will require extensive travel during the field season. Overnight travel for to 8-10 days at a time is not unusual.
• Understanding of field surveys for wetlands and other biological resources with a minimum of 5 years of practical experience, 10 years preferred.
• Expertise in leading and conducting wetland and stream identification and delineation, both independently and as a crew lead.
• Knowledge and understanding of federal and state regulations pertaining to wetlands and other biological resources.
• Experience with botanical and other biological surveys and a variety of vegetation sampling techniques such as line-point intercept and other methods.
• Experience and a strong ability to effectively communicate with regulatory agencies and clients.
• Experience writing proposals, estimating costs, and project management.
• Proficient in technical writing, study plan compilation, describing baseline conditions, and impact analyses.
• Researching and interpreting federal, state, and local regulations on a project-specific basis to assess project permitting feasibility and requirements; and interface with regulatory agencies.
• Attention to detail, ability to work independently, willingness to work as part of team, and the ability to stay positive and effective during long days in the field are critical.
• Willing to work in sometimes difficult conditions and often miles from a vehicle. Physical challenges typically encountered may include long off-trail hikes, steep slopes, extreme hot and cold conditions and biological hazards (animals and plants).
• The successful applicant will be safety conscience and continually assess ways to mitigate hazards.
• Applicant must possess a valid driver’s license.
• Applicant must be able to work with and communicate with a diverse group of co-workers and clients to provide high quality and efficient work products.
Education, Experience, and Qualifications:
• Bachelor’s degree in natural sciences.
• At least 5 years of experience with 10 years preferred.
• A strong background of coursework and/or experience in a natural science (e.g., botany, soils, wetland science, or ecology) and field data collection.
• Data management and excellent oral and written communication skills are essential.
• Wetland Delineation Training.
• Demonstrated ability to perform basic data analyses, compile data, and write technical documents.
• Demonstrated ability to use and create spreadsheets or databases to summarize data and create tables.
• Experience with electronic data collection (e.g. tablet).
Other Desirable Knowledge and Experience:
• Positive attitude, willingness to learn, and enjoyment of working outdoors.
• Attention to detail.
• Working knowledge of geographic information system (GIS);
• Experience with environmental impact analysis related to energy and land management projects; biological resources mitigation, design and monitoring; and construction monitoring.
About Tetra Tech:
Tetra Tech is a leading provider of high-end consulting and engineering services for projects worldwide. We combine the resources of a global, multibillion-dollar company with local, client-focused delivery in more than 400 locations around the world. We are Leading with Science® to provide sustainable and resilient solutions for our clients.
At Tetra Tech, we provide a collaborative environment that supports individual performance, innovation, and creativity. We are proud to offer competitive compensation and benefits. Learn more by visiting http://www.tetratech.com/en/benefits.
For more information on our company, please visit our website at www.tetratech.com, follow us on Twitter (@TetraTech or like us on Facebook. To apply, please submit your resume and cover letter on the Careers portion of our website at www.tetratech.com/careers.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Tetra Tech is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We invite resumes from all interested parties including women, minorities, veterans and persons with disabilities.
Tetra Tech is a VEVRAA federal contractor and we request priority referral of veterans for available positions.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability - No calls or agencies