TWRC has several openings for Shift Supervisors for our Animal Care Program (ACP). Animals in the program include, but are not limited to, squirrels, opossums, doves, and songbirds. Candidate must be willing to comply with TWRC policies and procedures.
Primary responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
· Responsible for overseeing and coordinating the completion of the tasks of the ACP.
· Training and on-going mentoring of volunteers.
· Communicate closely with the ACP Managers and other Shift Supervisors.
· Identify areas of improvement or concern for animals, ACP volunteers, Shift Supervisors and the ACP in general.
· Attend Shift Supervisor meetings as needed.
· Inform ACP Managers of the need for disciplinary action.
· Responsible for admitting animals into Animal Care Suite.
· Keep correct tracking of animals and their paperwork during their stay in the ACP
· Responsible for setting up special caging and preparing diets for the animals
· Responsible for opening and or closing of the Animal Care Suite; and suite 200 if access is gained during shift.
· Responsible for logging and administering medications and treatments
· Flexible Schedule
· Willing to work weekdays and weekends
· Respectful and calm demeanor with a positive attitude.
· Leadership and people skills to motivate volunteers to complete tasks.
· Team builder with the ability to lead by example.
· Patience in teaching and tact with all age groups teen to senior.
· Be a quick learner, able to multi-task, follow directions and able to prioritize.
· Shift Supervisor training
· ACP Supervisor position is seasonal and part-time and typically lasts from March to October
· No amount of hours/week guaranteed.
· All training is provided. Experience in wildlife rehabbing is preferred but not required