Bat Conservation and Management Inc. (www.batmanagement.com) is an environmental
consulting firm specializing in wildlife surveys, bat acoustic analysis, equipment, and habitat
enhancement structures. We are currently looking for a full-time Shop Production Assistant at
our Carlisle, PA location. BCM produces quality bat houses and specialty bat survey equipment
for other wildlife consultants and agencies around the world.
This is not primarily a wildlife biology fieldwork position however, the right applicant will have opportunities to assist with special fieldwork projects, bat acoustic monitoring, habitat surveys, mist netting, radio telemetry, data analysis/entry, and other types of field and office projects.
Duties include but are not limited to:
Build and maintain inventory levels to efficiently fulfill orders.
Develop and Improve products, both for increased production efficiency and for product quality.
Assist in maintaining shop and field equipment.
Assist with occasional fieldwork; habitat surveys, bat acoustic monitoring, and ???
Assist in maintenance of buildings, grounds, and vehicles.
- Must have a good mechanical aptitude and be proficient with power tools, hand tools, etc.
- Must be organized and be able to efficiently coordinate and manage production runs for several products
- Must be able to maintain a friendly and safe work environment
- Must have prior carpentry and/or metal work experience
- Ability and desire to repair electronics, make custom cables is very helpful (training provided)
- Candidates subject to criminal background check and pre-employment drug test
- Must be able to speak and comprehend fluent English
- MUST be a US citizen and have valid drivers license.
- Able to lift up to 50 lbs. - Required
-Forestry background is particularly useful