Bat Conservation & Management (BCM) is an environmental consulting firm that specializes in wildlife surveys and habitat enhancement structures. Founded in 1999 by John Chenger, BCM is a leading company in bat conservation and management. BCM has worked and/or continues to work with numerous state, federal, nonprofit, and private organizations. In 2009, the PGC recognized BCM as the top, number 1, for survey efficiency. John’s work has led him to develop and manufacture commercially available survey gear including mist net poles, portable triple-high mist-net sets, harp traps, and bat houses certified by third-party bat conservation organizations. For over 20 years, BCM is the revolutionary force in bat conservation and management.
BCM is currently looking for an energetic, enthusiastic Shop Production Assistant to join our growing team. This is a full time position in our Carlisle, PA location with strong growth potential. The Shop Production Assistant will assist Shop Manager and Operations Manager with a variety of tasks, while learning the basics of manufacturing including how to operate machinery. If you are willing to learn new skills, enjoy working with your hands, and are excited at this opportunity…grab your cape and cowl and join us in the bat cave at Bat Conservation & Management!
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Build and maintain inventory levels to efficiently fulfill orders.
• Develop and improve products, both for increased production efficiency and for product quality.
• Assist in maintaining shop and field equipment.
• Assist in maintenance of buildings, grounds, and vehicles.
• Assist the Shop Manager and Operations Manager on a variety of tasks.
• Provide general assistance around the shop, including administrative and technical tasks.
• Load and unload delivery trucks.
• Stock and organize materials in the warehouse.
• Clean and maintain equipment as directed
** This is not a wildlife biology fieldwork position. However, with the right applicant there may be opportunities to assist with special fieldwork projects.
• Self motivation and a drive to excel.
• Must have a good mechanical aptitude and be proficient with power tools, hand tools, etc.
• Must be organized and be able to efficiently coordinate and manage production runs for several products.
• Must be able to maintain a friendly and safe work environment.
• Must have prior carpentry and/or metal work experience.
• Ability and desire to repair electronics, make custom cables is very helpful (training provided).
• Candidates subject to criminal background check and pre-employment drug test.
• High school diploma or GED equivalent.
• Previous experience in manufacturing or shop work and/or metal and wood shop classes.
• Must have strong communication skills and speak fluent English.
• Must be a US citizen with a valid drivers license.
• Physically capable of standing for extended periods of time.
• Clean and maintain equipment as directed.
• Able to lift up to 50 lbs. - REQUIRED.
• $13 - $16 per hour
Interested candidates can email a cover letter and resume to: email@example.com