Ekstrom Aquaculture, LLC is a U.S. commercial aquaculture company producing hybrid striped bass (Morone chrysops x M. saxatilis) and red drum (Sciaenops ocellatus) for sale into fresh seafood markets. Operating for over 30 years, the Company is known for year-round product availability and consistently superior fresh fish.
Ekstrom Aquaculture is seeking an energetic, experienced aquaculture professional to manage its flagship 1,450-acre Silver Streak Hybrid Striped Bass® farm in Danevang, Texas, located 75 miles southwest of Houston. The Danevang Farm Manager is responsible for all aspects of hybrid striped bass production, personnel management, general administration, and overall farm operations. He/she manages farm systems and employees in a manner which consistently meets Company objectives. The Farm Manager shares Ekstrom’s excellence standards and assures that quality is evident in every fish grown and sold.
A qualified candidate has a college degree in aquaculture, fisheries, marine biology or a related field and/or at least 5 years work experience in commercial aquaculture. The Farm Manager candidate has the ability to maintain a cooperative work environment through training, mentoring, and regular communication with employees. He/she instinctively leads by example, with a “get it done” attitude and “boots on the ground” involvement. Other important attributes and requirements include:
• At least conversational Spanish language skills preferable.
• Mechanical and other abilities such as electrical, construction, or facility design.
• IT competency and familiarity with Outlook, Word and Excel.
• Strong organizational skills and accuracy in maintaining production data.
• Ability to respond to emergencies and work extended hours or irregular schedules.
• Physical fitness and comfort with working outdoors in all weather conditions.
Competitive salary, health, vision and dental insurance, and other incentives available.