Natural resources and environmental related job listings. Includes internships, graduate fellowships, faculty positions and scholarships.
South Texas Ranch Internship – Texas
Southern M Ranch
Last Date to Apply
A private Wildlife Management Ranch near Pearsall, Texas seeks a wildlife intern to begin duties August 2019 through the end of February 2020. Candidates for this position must be actively enrolled in or graduated from a Wildlife or Natural Resources degree program. The successful applicant for this position will report directly to Cody Green (Ranch Manager).
Duties will include but are not limited to:
1. Assisting in White-tailed Deer Fall Camera Surveys
a. Setting up cameras at feeders
b. Downloading pictures to desktop computers
c. Reviewing photographs and organizing pictures by content
2. Assisting in the helicopter capture of deer
3. Scouting for deer (including the video recording of trophy bucks)
4. Assist in the collection of harvest data, including the extraction of jawbones and antler measurements
5. Data entry for rain reports, feed reports and other ranch projects
6. Assist in guest services as required
7. Help with filling corn/protein feeders
8. Help in fence construction and maintenance
9. Assist in grounds keeping of the main lodge and other buildings
10. Other miscellaneous ranch tasks
Experience and knowledge of deer hunting is a plus but not required. Southern M Ranch is a private hunting ranch and many of the internships duties center around the deer hunting program. We are looking for a self-motivated individual who can work independently of full time supervision. Ranching or farming backgrounds are a plus. Applicants need to be willing to perform any task associated with running a ranch.
Compensation is $11.00 / hour and the position is non-exempt which means it is eligible for overtime per Federal and State Laws. Lodging is included with this internship. Lodging includes fully furnished bedroom, full kitchen, laundry facilities, plus all utilities paid (electric, internet service, and satellite television). The ranch will provide a vehicle for job-related duties.
Candidates are subject to a satisfactory, standard background check performed by the company.
Please email resume with contact information and at least two references to: