The Spatial Science Intern will assist with the updating of the Conservancy’s Chicago Greenprint tool, working with spatial data sets under the joint supervision of our Spatial Scientist and Chicago Conservation Director. This is a part-time, short-term position at $16.15/hr for approximately 10 hours per week for six months.
The Spatial Science Intern will clean up and organize spatial data sets as directed by our Spatial Scientist using Excel and GIS software. They will investigate potential data sets for use with the update.
RESPONSIBILITIES & SCOPE
• Assess and organize spatial data.
• Assist with meetings of project Advisors and participate in Advisory Group meetings.
• Works independently with frequent supervisory contact.
• Depending on current COVID guidelines, may work remotely or either fully or partially in TNC’s Chicago office.
• High school diploma or GED and 6 months of related experience
• Experience and comfort using Excel or similar spreadsheet software.
• Experience using GIS software, such as ArcMap.
• Multi-lingual skills and multi-cultural or cross-cultural experience appreciated.
• Ability to follow instructions from colleagues/coworkers/team members.
• Ability to work in a team environment.
• Ability to communicate clearly and effectively verbally and in writing.
• Interest in urban conservation and/or spatial science appreciated.