Title: Staff Biologist
Location: Austin, Texas
Reports To: Central Texas Business Unit Leader
Position Responsibility: Assist ESE’s team with delivery of services to the marketplace in an organized and disciplined manner, striving to continuously improve in the areas of project delivery and technical support.
• Deliver the professional consulting services offered by ESE Partners using ESE delivery systems and methodologies.
• Operate as one of the firm’s technical staff members with respect to the disciplines related to Environmental Science and Engineering.
• Assist in the management of numerous project tasks simultaneously with potentially widely varying biological or environmental scopes of work.
• Conduct Field Investigations – Water Resources Evaluation (Wetland Delineation and Determination), Wildlife Surveys, and Environmental Assessments.
• Assist in the preparation of various Natural Resources related reports and Phase I Environmental Site Assessment reports.
• Develop Site Maps and other pertinent drawings using Arc GIS.
• Develop and maintain professional relationships with clients, vendors, and regulators.
Our goal is to be recognized as the best environmental firm to work for in Texas with an ever-increasing amount of flexibility, benefits, rewards, and opportunity for professional growth. We have a very unique culture that is being shaped by the top 10% of professionals in our industry.
2-4 Years. Prefer experience with plant identification and 40-hour wetland training. Experience with survey methods for fish, mussels, or other aquatic macroinvertebrates also considered.
Bachelor's Degree in Wildlife Biology or Ecology. Masters preferred.