Organizational Profile: We seek an individual with demonstrated talent, passion and desire to promote and grow the Nation’s leading upland wildlife habitat conservation organization. Pheasants Forever (PF) and Quail Forever (QF) have over 700 chapters, 149,000 members and an $87 million annual budget.
This individual will lead the Iowa team in the development and implementation of Pheasants Forever’s Iowa State Strategic Plan and the State of Iowa’s Hunter Recruitment, Retention & Reactivation (R3) Plan. Primary responsibilities will include:
• Supervise a team of talented Farm Bill Wildlife Biologists.
• Collaborate and serve as the principle liaison between PF/QF, Iowa DNR, IA Department of Agriculture and Land Stewardship (IDALS) and other governmental/resource agencies for the implementation/acceleration of existing programs
• Identify, develop and implement new and innovative habitat initiatives and hunter R3 strategies that perpetuate a rich upland hunting heritage.
• Develop a hunter R3 communication/marketing plan that raises awareness, creates a sense of urgency and inspires action by existing hunters, resource professionals and the outdoor industry.
• Co-author, administer and manage grants and programs that deliver the PF/QF habitat mission and hunter R3 strategies in Iowa. This could include NAWCA grants, Foundation grants, Iowa DNR grants and others.
• Work closely with the PF Regional Representative and Regional Leadership Team to expand and strengthen our 103 IA chapters.
• Serve as the principle liaison between Iowa PF/QF and the Education & Outreach Team to further hunter R3 initiatives; Grants Administration Department to deliver grant funded mission; the Development Team to advance unrestricted funding streams; the Governmental Affairs staff to coordinate state legislative activities, responses and relationships and the Marketing Team to provide materials and information to media sources in Iowa.
• Foster existing, and cultivate new, partnerships with businesses, the outdoor industry, tourism and others interested in maintaining a vibrant and diverse economy with high quality of life for current and future generations.
• Will be required to report to the Wallace State Office Building in Des Moines, IA for two full days per week.
Required Knowledge Skills and Abilities:
• BS/BA in Related Field with 5 years of professional experience, MS preferred.
• Excellent oral and written communication as well as organizational skills.
• Demonstrated ability to lead and coach effectively.
• Demonstrated ability of organizational skills and attention to detail.
• Ability to work effectively with multiple partners and staff.
• Ability to work independently with little supervision and with diverse personalities.
To Apply: Visit the recruitment website at: www.pheasantsforever.org/jobs.
For more information about the position, contact Ryan Heiniger, Manager North Region, 319-937-5380 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Pheasants Forever & Quail Forever are an EEO Employer/Vet/Disabled