Application Closing Date: July 13, 2017
Anticipated Start Date: August 14, 2017
Organizational Profile: We seek an individual with demonstrated talent, passion and desire to promote and grow the Nation’s leading upland wildlife habitat conservation organization. Pheasants Forever (PF) and Quail Forever (QF) have over 700 chapters, 149,000 members and an $87 million annual budget.
This individual will lead the Wisconsin team in the development and implementation of Pheasants Forever’s Wisconsin State Strategic Plan and the State of Wisconsin’s Hunter Recruitment, Retention & Reactivation (R3) Plan. Primary responsibilities will include:
- Supervise a team of talented Farm Bill Wildlife Biologists.
- Collaborate and serve as the principle liaison between PF/QF, Wisconsin DNR and other governmental/resource agencies for the implementation/acceleration of existing programs.
- Identify, develop and implement new and innovative habitat initiatives and hunter R3 strategies that perpetuate a rich upland hunting heritage.
- Develop a hunter R3 communication/marketing plan that raises awareness, creates a sense of urgency and inspires action by existing hunters, resource professionals and the outdoor industry.
- Co-author, administer and manage grants and programs that deliver the PF/QF habitat mission and hunter R3 strategies in Wisconsin. This could include NAWCA grants, Foundation grants, Wisconsin DNR grants and others.
- Work closely with the PF Regional Representative and Regional Leadership Team to expand and strengthen our 32 WI chapters
- Serve as the principle liaison between Wisconsin PF/QF and the Education & Outreach Team to further hunter R3 initiatives; the Grants Administration Department to deliver grant funded mission; the Development Team to advance unrestricted funding streams; the Governmental Affairs staff to coordinate state legislative activities, responses and relationships and the Marketing Team to provide materials and information to media sources in Wisconsin.
- Foster existing, and cultivate new, partnerships with businesses, the outdoor industry, tourism and others interested in maintaining a vibrant and diverse economy with high quality of life for current and future generations.
Required Knowledge Skills and Abilities:
- BS/BA in Related Field with 5 years of professional experience, MS preferred.
- Excellent oral and written communication as well as organizational skills.
- Demonstrated ability to lead and coach effectively.
- Demonstrated ability of organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Ability to work effectively with multiple partners and staff.
- Ability to work independently with little supervision and with diverse personalities.
- To be eligible for the State Coordinator position, candidates rnust pass the Hunter Safety instructor background check described in Administrative Code NR 19.30.
To Apply: Visit the recruitment website at: www.pheasantsforever.org/jobs.
For more information about the position, contact Ryan Heiniger, Manager North Region, 319-937-5380 or email@example.com
Pheasants Forever & Quail Forever are an EEO Employer/Vet/Disabled