The Arizona Game and Fish Department offers paid summer internship opportunities in cooperation with participating college and universities. This is an excellent opportunity for students interested in gaining hands on practical work experience while working with a diverse group of professionals in the fields of wildlife science, biological science, wildlife management, and many other professions within the Department.
The Arizona Game and Fish Department is seeking students to work during the summer to perform duties in the area of wildlife management. Students will perform duties under close supervision. Duties may include: collecting data, tracking, monitoring and counting animals, computer entry, developing educational materials, conducting creel surveys, fish sampling, habitat measurement, fish stocking, hiking, camping, swimming or working varied hours. Fieldwork may involve long days outdoors in extreme temperatures.
The anticipated start date for a majority of the internships is May 21, 2018.
Application & Selection Process
• Eligible students interested in summer employment must apply through www.azstatejobs.gov. Click “Search for Jobs” and select “Game and Fish Department” from the agency dropdown.
• Students must submit a cover letter and resume in one document when applying.
• Students must outline in their cover letter, by priority order and by hiring supervisor name, the internships they choose to apply for. Students may select up to five internships to apply for.
• Students must attach unofficial transcripts of college coursework.
• Resumes must be submitted to the site no later than close date.
Click here to view the listing of available internship opportunities. If link does not work, cut and paste site below. Under Application and Selection process, click 2018 Intern Job Descriptions to view the list.
• Currently enrolled in curriculum leading towards a Bachelor’s or higher level degree on a substantially full time basis (usually 12 semester hours) and pursuing a major in Wildlife Biology or closely related field applicable to the internship opportunity (subject to verification)
• U.S. Citizen or proof of eligibility to work in the United States
• Maintain a cumulative GPA of 2.75 or above
• Ability to pass a post-offer physical exam
• Valid driver's license (free of restrictions)
Employment may be contingent upon completion of a post-offer medical/physical examination and the agency’s ability to reasonably accommodate any restrictions. Employees who drive on state business are subject to driver’s license record checks, must maintain acceptable driving records and must complete any required driver training (see Arizona Administrative Code R2-10-207.12.).
TO APPLY GO TO AZSTATEJOBS.GOV
CLICK SEARCH FOR JOBS; SELECT GAME AND FISH FROM AGENCY DROPDOWN