Colorado Parks and Wildlife’s Volunteer Program has a
temporary intern position available for 40 hours per week based in north Denver.
This position will help recruit, train and coordinate the use of volunteers in a
variety of activities and programs relating to Colorado’s wildlife and outdoor
recreation resources and the management of those resources. This position provides
a great entrance into the working worlds of land management, outdoor
stewardship, and volunteer management in the great state of Colorado. The
Volunteer Program consists of the statewide volunteer coordinator, 4 regional
coordinators, 2 program assistants and a multitude of field staff.
• Provide high-quality customer service over the phone and in written communications.
• Maintain accurate records of hours and reports in the Volunteer Database.
• Develop training and education materials for volunteer and staff use.
• Assist staff and volunteers with Volunteer Program questions and requests.
• Oversee recruiting efforts (e-mail communications, interviews, social media
outreach) for current and prospective volunteers.
• Organize uniform inventory and distribute supplies to staff and volunteers.
• Strong communication and customer service skills (written and verbal).
• Excellent organization skills.
• Experience working and managing volunteers.
• Proficiency with Microsoft Office and Google Apps programs.
• Proficiency with online services such as SurveyMonkey, Constant Contact, etc.
• Self-directed and motivated to be pro-active in spending time effectively.
• Knowledge of how to maintain and update websites and social media platforms
How to Apply:
Please email a cover letter, resume, and list of references to email@example.com and include “Volunteer Program Internship” in the subject line.