Job Position Number: 7030930
Hourly Pay Rate: $10.00
Job Location/Shift: This position will be located at Roaring River State Park 12716 Farm Road 2239, Cassville, Missouri. Crew members will work 8 hour days up to five days a week. This position will be temporary between the months of September and May, 20-40 hours per week, and shall not exceed 1,000 hours total during the length of employment. The work hours, start, and ending dates are flexible and negotiable, expect to work some weekends. Housing is available on site.
Why you’ll love this position:
Stewardship crews support the Missouri State Park mission by preserving Missouri’s outstanding natural landscapes. Visit remote areas of the park that the typical visitor would never get to see. This position consists of hands on management activities that aim to preserve the park’s unique natural resources including dolomite glades and chert woodlands.
What you’ll do:
• Work as a member of a team while maintaining a positive attitude and wearing appropriate Personal Protective Equipment.
• Plan and construct fire lines to aid in the suppression of wild fires or for prescribed fires.
• Remove invasive plant species by utilizing power tools, hand tools and herbicides.
• Safely operate power tools such as chainsaws, brushsaws, and backpack blowers.
• Learn to identify native and invasive plant species in order to survey local flora and fauna.
• May carry out minor repairs or adjustments to improve or maintain the performance of equipment such as cleaning and sharpening chainsaws or hand tools.
All you need for success:
Preferred Qualifications and Experience/Special Job Requirements
• Enthusiasm for preserving Missouri’s natural habitats.
• Previous experience operating equipment such as chainsaws, brushsaws, and backpack blowers.
• Ability to carry gear and equipment for several miles in steep Ozark terrain.
• Experience identifying native plants and invasive species.
• This position involves extensive field work in all type of environmental conditions. Must be able to traverse difficult terrain in all types of weather conditions while performing essential duties and research. Must be able to carry tools, equipment and packs up to 50 lbs.