Landmark Conservancy seeks a compassionate, skilled, dynamic individual to join our team
as a Stewardship Specialist. The Stewardship Specialist assists Landmark’s conservation team in stewarding Landmark’s conservation properties and initiatives. Working independently and collaboratively with staff and partners, the Stewardship Specialist assists in managing Landmark’s fee-owned lands and annually monitors conservation easement properties. This position trains and coordinates volunteers who assist in the monitoring of Landmark’s conservation easement properties. This position meets frequently with private conservation
easement landowners and public partners to ensure compliance and enhance conservation values and public opportunities. Duties are performed in both the field and in an office setting. Extensive travel is required to various locations in the region. A work vehicle will be available for use, but staff occasionally may need to use personal vehicle. Mileage reimbursement will be provided for personal vehicle use.
•Bachelor’s degree in natural resources, biology, conservation, outdoor education, environmental education, or related field.
• Two years of experience in a related land conservation field.
• General understanding of land use principles and land conservation issues.
• Experience with land management techniques and practices.
• Working knowledge of native and invasive plant identification, ArcGIS, and other mapping tools.
• Ability to learn computer applications quickly or familiarity with programs such as Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.
• Experience working as a team member and independently as well as supervising volunteers.
• Ability to walk over uneven terrain over long distances in inclement weather.
• Valid WI driver’s license and reliable personal transportation.
• Willingness to occasionally work early mornings, evenings, and weekends.