KC Harvey is an environmental consulting and field services firm headquartered in Bozeman, Montana; seeking candidates, preferably with SWPPP experience, to conduct stormwater inspections and assist with erosion control maintenance activities. Positions are full time and seasonal, from April through November 2022. Additional positions are open for current students beginning in mid-May until midAugust. Employment beyond these dates is possible depending on project needs. The position is based
in south central Wyoming.
Primary responsibilities include the following:
• Conduct field stormwater inspections
• Identify, map, and document soil erosion features
• Recommend maintenance, repair, or replacement of stormwater erosion controls
• Assist with maintenance, repair, and replacement of stormwater erosion controls
• Update inspection and repair documentation in a digital data management system
Additional job tasks may include the following:
• Conduct environmental compliance monitoring, (vegetation, erosion, reclamation)
• Identify plants using a key
• Control weeds using truck, ATV/UTV, or backpack mounted herbicide spray equipment
• Re-vegetate disturbed areas by seeding
• Assist with other land reclamation tasks
• Assist with vegetation surveys
Bachelor’s degree graduates and current students will be considered for these positions. Candidates with experience in stormwater inspections and maintenance are preferred. SWPPP certification is also preferred. Applicants must be able to maintain a positive attitude and be willing to learn. Candidates must work well as part of a team and be willing to work outdoors doing fieldwork. Map use and interpretation skills are required. Candidates must maintain high standards of safety, have a clean driving record, and participate in pre-employment drug screening. Due to vehicle insurance requirements, candidates must be 21 years of age or older as of start date.