Duties and Responsibilities
• Work with equipment operators to plan, organize and direct activities concerned with restoration projects.
• Operate heavy equipment of various sizes and weights as needed.
• Perform routine inspection and preventive maintenance on assigned equipment.
• Coordinate mechanics for machine maintenance and repair.
• Ensure projects are completed on schedule.
• Order parts and materials necessary for stream restoration projects
• Log and report expenses
• Keep track of time and collect staff time sheets and report twice monthly.
Selected candidate will be compensated with a competitive salary, health insurance, work truck and food allowance. Housing is available.
Knowledge, Skills, and Experience Requirements
• College degree in construction management, science or engineering preferred.
• Knowledge of hazards and safety precautions common to heavy equipment operations
• Ability to setup Trimble base station and machine GPS systems for each site.
• Ability to work from design/ build construction specs, project plans and GPS files.
• Ability to understand and carry out written and oral instructions.
• Considerable knowledge of heavy equipment operating principles.
• Ability to perform mechanical repairs on heavy equipment and work vehicles.
• Ability to drive and operate the equipment under varying working conditions.
• Working knowledge of methods, materials and tools used in stream and wetland restoration, bio-engineering techniques, and site preparation.
• Ability to perform manual work requiring periods of extensive physical exertion and potential exposure to adverse weather conditions.
Please send resume to apply.. cover letter with resume preferred...