Natural resources and environmental related job listings. Includes internships, graduate fellowships, faculty positions and scholarships.
Summer Bat Technician – Louisiana
Louisiana Department of Wildlife and Fisheries
Baton Rouge, LA
Last Date to Apply
The Louisiana Department of Wildlife and Fisheries Wildlife Disease Program is hiring two bat technicians. The positions will be responsible for acoustic surveys and maternity colony counts. The positions is $10.00/hr, 40 hrs/week, beginning May 27, 2019 and ending August 2, 2019. Duties include, but are not limited to, searching for bats in transportation structures and acoustic monitoring. This position is statewide, housing is provided.
This project conducted in cooperation with Ashley M. Long, Ph.D., Assistant Professor Wildlife Ecology School of Renewable Natural Resources Louisiana State University.
- Possess a valid U.S. driver’s license and clean driving record.
- Must be a U.S. citizen and able to pass a background check.
- Previous fieldwork experience.
- Reliable data collection, entry, and management skills.
- Ability to work long and irregular hours (early morning, late nights, weekends) in
difficult weather conditions, including heat, cold, rain, biting insects, and thick
- Willingness to learn new skills and maintain a flexible schedule.
To apply, please email a resume and 3 references as one pdf file to Nikki Anderson (NAnderson@wlf.la.gov) with the title “Summer Bat Technician.”