Assist with the implementation and organization of Caldwell Zoo summer camps. Also assist in the safety and well-being of all summer campers.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Assist in the implementation and organization of Summer Camps
• Foster an atmosphere of FUN during all programming
• Ensure the wellbeing of all children by following training and protocol measures.
• Handle and ensure the safety of a wide variety of vertebrates and invertebrates including small mammals, reptiles, amphibians, birds, insects, and arachnids.
• Clean, store, and maintain equipment or materials used in the education department.
• Maintain safe work habits and conditions.
• Practice exemplary visitor service
• Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from customers, regulatory agencies, or members of the business community.
• Ability to write reports
• Ability to present information to diverse groups of people from all age groups
• Spanish speaking abilities desired but not required.
OTHER SKILLS AND ABILITIES
• Ability to work and relate to people of all ages
• Very good oral communication skills
• Ability to work with live animals in a teaching situation
QUALIFICATIONS, EDUCATION, and/or EXPERIENCE
• Experience working with children preferred.
• Public speaking experience strongly preferred.
• Must be comfortable working with and around animals.
• Must understand interpretive and informal education.
• Knowledge and proficiency of Windows operating systems, Outlook, and all Microsoft Office applications required.