The Summer Camp Preschool Instructor is responsible for the implementation of hands-on, nature-connected education at our 54-acre site, adjacent to the Yellowstone River. The Summer Camp Preschool Instructor must be comfortable leading and managing up to 8 preschool-aged campers in the outdoors and helping them connect with the natural world.
- Develop curriculum and lesson plans appropriate for play-based, emergent-style learning in an outdoor setting.
- Provide quality instruction for camp participants during program days.
- Incorporate concepts of risky play, nature pedagogy, and preschool education standards.
- Safely manage program participants in an outdoor environment.
- Participate in daily, weekly, and seasonal cleaning/maintenance procedures to keep everything in working order.
- Be willing to work some evenings and weekends, and teach in other program areas as needed.
- Tentative dates: June 1st to August 10th
- $11/hour pay rate
- 25+ hour work week, with possibility of long-term hire
- Can be used for academic credit or internship hours (approval of institution needed)
- Must be 18 years or older.
- Self-motivation and flexibility are required.
- Have the ability to work independently and be organized.
- Have some experience working with children; preferably preschool children.
- Be able to spend 90% of teaching time outdoors.