The Supportive Services Specialist works with a team of 3-4 supportive services staff to implement programming and wrap around services that promotes participant (Corpsmember) success. This role is responsible for connecting Corpsmembers (CMs) to community resources, providing career exploration and readiness activities, and ensuring CMs are prepared to pursue post-program education and employment opportunities. This position is partially funded by AmeriCorps, and works directly with Corpsmembers enrolled in an AmeriCorps program
· Provide holistic one-on-one support to CMs and alumni by assisting with:
o Goal planning
o Career navigation and employment placement plans
o Post-Secondary Education navigation and education placement plans
o Community resource navigation (housing, transportation, food, child care & more)
· Conduct CM Career Readiness and Resource Needs Intakes, Assessment and follow-ups
· Be physically present during times allotted in the AM or PM to build rapport with CMs and do informal and formal check-ins
· Support CMs in addressing emergency situations by completing referrals and calling community agencies
· Develop and facilitate career readiness, post-secondary education preparation, and healthy living and life skills activities and classes
· Maintain partnerships with employers, apprenticeship programs, and post-secondary education institutions in each career pathway offered at MHYC
· Maintain partnerships with community resources that address and mitigate barriers to CM success, including food, housing, childcare, transportation, and mental wellness
· Track, document, and report on CM/alumni career planning progress, placements, retention of placements, success stories, grant compliance, and other performance metrics
· Coordinate with program teams to address individual CM and overall programmatic supportive services needs
· Implement alumni follow-up and engagement activities
Mile High Youth Corps is committed to hiring candidates with unique backgrounds and perspectives. If you are interested in this position but are concerned that you do not meet all of the requirements or possess all of the necessary skills, or that prior convictions or your background might disqualify you, we encourage you to submit an application anyway.
· Post-secondary certificate or degree
· Previous experience in supportive services, case management, social services or related field
· Demonstrated commitment to advancing diversity, equity, and inclusion
· Experience with MHYC’s core population of young adults ages 17-24 years old.
· Able to legally work in the United States, which will be verified via the federal E-Verify program on the first day of employment
· Pre-employment background check required, including a FBI Background Check, which includes fingerprinting. This position has recurring access to vulnerable populations.
· Valid driver’s license with insurable motor vehicle record (MVR).
· MHYC has a COVID-19 vaccination requirement. Individuals must submit proof of full vaccination, partial vaccination, or submit their medical or religious COVID-19 vaccination exemption request by their first day. If only partial vaccination is submitted, proof of the second shot needs to meet the recommended time interval of the vaccine administered.
· Experience with trauma-informed care practices
· Experience with social, racial, economic, and/or restorative justice activities or programming.
· Positive Youth Development (PYD), youth corps and/or AmeriCorps knowledge/experience.
· Spanish/English Proficiency
Candidates are asked to provide a resume and a cover letter including pertinent personal and/or professional experience. In the absence of specific work-related experience, applicants are encouraged to describe personal experience that pertains to position requirements in their cover letter.
Send resume and cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org (include “Supportive Services Specialist: Denver” in the email subject line). If you have questions about the position, please email: email@example.com.