The Surf Conservation Data Coordinator is an integral part of the organization, focusing on database architecture to share critical data with partners. This role will help with the unrolling of the STW Mobile App, engaging users globally to protect surf ecosystems and use the data to mitigate threats, conserve biodiversity, and save high quality waves. The Save The Waves Mobile app is the primary tool to connect surfers/oceans lovers around the world with the places they love. This person will provide vital input for our surf ecosystem data analysis including Surfonomics, Multi-Criteria Analysis, and impact data.
The Surf Conservation Data Coordinator:
- Leads efforts to coordinate and plan for conservation / surf data design, organization, function, and reporting.
- Maintains the Save The Waves Mobile App platform and database, supporting maintenance and trainings for field staff and partners in key locations.
- Performs surf conservation data analysis including surfonomics, multi-criteria analyses; designs and produces complex queries and professional reports, processes spatial and other relational data sets derived from cartographic and tabular source material and provides hardware/software support.
- Assists in the development and maintenance of STW surfspot database and management data from various sources.
- Practices and promotes a culture of high-quality data collection, management, and reporting.
As is the case in any small or growing organization tasks beyond this scope of work will likely be required of this position.
- MS or BS degree in related field and 5 years related experience, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Experience in designing and maintaining databases to meet organizational needs.
- Experience with software / mobile app development
- Experience with GIS software, data/spatial analysis, data editing, and producing data reports and creating maps.
- Experience developing and delivering tech training to practitioners.
- Experience with Microsoft Office Suite and Web Browsers.
- Experience managing projects with large budgets and required deadlines.
- Multi-lingual skills and multi-cultural experiences, especially Spanish, Portuguese or Bahasa Indonesia.
- Experience with ArcGIS software family in a conservation setting.
- Experience performing remote analysis and identification of natural resources.
- Experience with strategic partners and coalition building.
- Experience with impact evaluation data.
- Training or technical support experience.
- Ability to clearly communicate via written, spoken, and graphical means in English and other relevant languages.
- Passion for the mission of Save The Waves, surfing and conservation.
FURTHER POSITION INFORMATION:
- Fully-remote work available.
- International candidates are encouraged to apply.
- Benefits include: IRA, Medical, Dental, Vision.
- Opportunity for international travel.
Please send CV, Cover Letter and three references to: Jobs@savethewaves.org
Any questions to: email@example.com
Absolutely no calls or walk-in applications.