This project in South Africa, Hoedspruit is looking for multiple participants to assist them with their sustainable research from the end of June 2017! They are about to implement the solutions on a larger scale to test the viability. When the large production phases proof viable the solutions can be taken to the lodges and rural communities.
- Aquaponics: In need of 10 participants for a month to assist them with building the aquaponics food production plant. You will be involved with the building phase of a large fish pond with 4 separations and three large grow beds for the vegetables and herbs. You will also go on bush walks, game drives, community work and lectures.
- Recycling plant and Indigineous nursery: In need of 10 participants for a month to assist them with building eco-walls (mud, tin and glass walls) for the two projects. You will also go on bush walks, game drives, community work and lectures.
During your time you can expect to learn about aquatic ecology and alternative building methods that will give you insight to sustainable solutions.
1580 Euro for 4 weeks which includes:
• All facilities such as bush hides, barbeque area, lookout tower, kitchen, lecture room etc.
• Trips to town for supplies
• Coffee and tea
- Ecology & Geology
- Weather & Climate
- Mammals, birds, reptiles, arthropods, fish & amphibians
- Animal behavior
- Biomes of Southern Africa
- Botany & Grasses
- Conservation management
- Historical human habitation
• Bushwalks and game drives
• Uncapped Wi-Fi
• Pickup and drop-off at Hoedspruit or East Gate Airport on arrival and departure
• Intern Africa will assist you in finding a suitable flight, apply for a possible visa, provide information on travel insurance, immunizations, travel to Hoedspruit and other required details.